Certified English Translation for USCIS and Other United States Establishments

When is a certified translation required

If a foreigner wants to come to the United States of America to sometimes immigrate or even to work or to study or to marry an US citizen, subsequently that individual needs to apply to the United States Immigration and Citizenship Services (USCIS) for a relevant visa. With respect to the visa, the candidate will additionally need to submit supporting documents including marriage certificate, divorce decree, birth certificate, driver’s license, police clearance certificate, academic diplomas as well as other such official documents.

The USCIS’ expectation would be that all files should be in English. In case documents are in a language besides English, then the documents have to be translated into Certified and english.

What is a certified translation?

English translations for any USCIS, and additional US public and private institutions like US colleges, US facilities, US courts, US passport office, and so on, should be carried out in conformity with Federal Regulations (eight CFR 103.2(b)(3)) of the “U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Immigration Regulations/Powers as well as Duties – Availability of Records”.

The translator should certify that he/she is fluent in each English and the source words and that he/she is proficient to translate. Moreover, he/she must certify that the translation is both accurate and complete.

Certified Translators can offer USCIS compliant translations in 48 hours.

Official translation and Don’ts for a translator

There is a distinction between translating an official paper and literature. In the case of literature, the translator has the choice of “paraphrasing”; but in the case of an official paper, there’s no such luxury as well as the translator must “metaphrase” (literal translation).

A translator should consider the below points while converting genuine documents:

– The document must be translated in its entirety and accurately. There should be no omissions. Lines, seals, stamp, etc, which are contained in the original document ought to be translated.

– A translator cannot add content that is not there in the master document. For example: If the marriage date is lacking in the initial marriage certificate, it can’t be add it in the English certified translation.

– If there is a little something in the master document that isn’t clear, then the English words interpretation should make a note that it’s not legible.

– The visual layout of the English translated paper must equal the layout of the master document. For example, in the interpreted booklet, the name and signature of the issuing power should be in a comparable location as that in the master document.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *